If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!
Heavily inspired by Deminetix' now inactive 'Fight'-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning lots of rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!
- Fight oncoming waves of monsters!
- Play on your own, or team up with friends!
- Earn glorious prizes!
- Build your own arena!
- Completely customizable classes, waves and rewards!
- Easy to set up!
- Extremely easy to use!
- Very few user commands!
- Supports Permissions, Spout, and all major economies!
Note: All of the information on the github Wiki will eventually be transfered to this project page.
Setting up MobArena is easy, but it is a little involved. To make your life much easier, I've set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, frequently asked questions, and more. So head on over to the Wiki, to get MobArena set up right away! :)
New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)
- Bosses and waves - a collection of interesting bosses and waves!
- Arena schematics - post your arena schematics for others to use!
Check out the Videos page for a list of a bunch of MobArena-related videos!
You'll find the instructional video as well as reviews and showcases.
HOOKING INTO MOBARENA
MobArena currently has 6 custom events. You listen to them as you would any normal Bukkit event. This is from the Github page
Added custom events ArenaStartEvent, ArenaEndEvent, ArenaPlayerJoinEvent, ArenaPlayerLeaveEvent, ArenaPlayerDeathEvent, and NewWaveEvent. The events are all cancellable (except for ArenaPlayerDeathEvent), and all have getArena() methods to access/mutate the Arena objects if need be. The Player events of course have getPlayer() methods. Let me know if any other types of events would be useful.
For an idea of how to set it up, see these links to dasbreen's ArenaGodPlus plugin:
- MobArena "set up" which at this point is just registering the class that is the MobArena Listener
- MobArena Listener class
If you want to either make support for MobArena in your own plugin, or enhance MobArena with a specific idea, you can hook into MobArena very easily using the two classes MobArenaHandler and MobArenaListener, respectively.
To see how, please refer to the Hooking into MobArena page.
If you are experiencing problems with MobArena, please try to follow these simple steps before posting a ticket or asking on IRC, as it will make everything much, much easier for everyone in the troubleshooting and debugging process:
1. Check the server log
The first thing you must do is check the server log for any exceptions (don't know what an exception looks like? Click here). If the exception looks like the following, you are using tabs instead of spaces in your config-file (which is punishable by death):
[SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins': while scanning for the next token found character '\t' that cannot start any token in "<reader>", line 15, column 1: Tank: ^
If it doesn't look like that exception, just copy it into a pastebin or a pastie, and include it in your bug report ticket. Please don't post bug reports on the forums, as they are more likely to get lost between all the other posts.
2. Try your setup on a fresh server
If at all possible, try setting up a local test server (don't know how? follow this guide), on which you install nothing but MobArena. Now copy the config-file that you're using on your live server where you experienced the problem, and see if you can reproduce it. If not, you most likely have a conflicting plugin (read the next section).
3. Find possible plugin conflicts
Try removing all other plugins from your server. Do this by stopping the server, moving all the .jar files into a different folder than the plugins-folder, and then starting up the server again. If the problem persists, it's a problem with MobArena, but if not, it's a conflicting plugin, and if so, try to add half of the plugins back at a time (binary search), and test every time you do, so you can figure out which plugin is causing the conflict.
- The "spectator" permission is now simply mobarena.use.spec and any other variants are typos that have yet to be fixed
- If you receive the message: "SPEC_ARG_NEEDED is not a valid key." simply open up your announcements.properties file and remove the whole line that starts with "SPEC_ARG_NEEDED"
- Factions players will lose Faction Power when dying in the Arena. This is not avoidable unless you make the Arena Region a War Zone (via Factions).
Server admins can also create war zones, somewhat similar to safe zones. These zones however are not safe from PVP and monsters. Further, they can be configured to have friendly fire enabled (PVP between allies and faction members) and can be configured to have power loss disabled in them.
- Improve spawnpoint algorithm
- More logging/statistics formats/options
- More Leaderboards features
- Rewards for kills/damage + scoreboards (will be featured in v1.0)
I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)
- Built against CB #2771
- Fixed max health related incompatibilities with other plugins.
- Fixed an error occurring when kicking players for prematurely warping out of the arena region.
Since this is a minor update shortly after a bigger update, here is the changelog from v0.94.4.97:
- Added basic scoreboards support.
- Added support for trapped chests as class chests. This means that by alternating between normal chests and trapped chests, class chests can now be placed directly next to each other, completely avoiding the need to offset them to prevent double-chests from forming.
- Fixed the error that happens when leaderboards are invalid/malformed/destroyed. MobArena will print a warning in the console, but should continue working even if the leaderboards are messed up.
- Fixed the setclass command's potion bug.
- Fixed random items being repaired as part of the unbreakable weapons feature. Only weapons (and fishing poles, flint and steel) are unbreakable now.
- The last slot (bottom right) in the class chests is now reserved for helmets. This means wool (and other types of blocks) can now be used to distinguish between classes that use that class chests.
Make sure to check out the FAQ site before asking questions or posting bug reports.
If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, make sure to hop on IRC. Remember that IRC is "idle chat" (sort of like Steam chat, Skype, etc.), so be patient; we don't stalk the channel 24/7.
As always, make a backup of your world(s) and your MobArena files before installing the new version, just in case.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|MobArena v0.94.4.97||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||7,219||05/02/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.95||Beta||CB 1.4.7-R1.0||50,859||02/18/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.94||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||51,059||01/17/2013|
|MobArena v0.94.4.91||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.1||33,924||12/28/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.90||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||16,699||12/21/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.81||Beta||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||159,767||09/18/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.80||Beta||CB 1.3.1-R2.0||60,301||08/21/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.79||Beta||CB 1.2.5-R5.0||32,538||07/30/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.4.65||Beta||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||94,137||04/14/2012|
|MobArena v0.94.3.24||Beta||CB 1337||81,674||12/03/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3.11||Beta||CB 1240||15,075||10/03/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3.6||Beta||CB 1185||3,007||09/27/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.3||Beta||CB 1185||1,780||09/22/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.2||Beta||CB 1060||2,308||09/13/2011|
|MobArena v0.94.1||Beta||CB 1060||2,008||08/25/2011|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 191,919 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 150,981 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 86,117 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 69,272 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 60,844 Monthly Downloads