Detect and fight the exploitation of various flaws/bugs in Minecraft!
NoCheatPlus is an unofficial fork of the famous anti-cheat plugin NoCheat created by Evenprime. NoCheatPlus attempts to enforce "vanilla Minecraft" mechanics, as well as preventing players from abusing weaknesses in Minecraft or its protocol, making your server safer. Organized in different sections, various checks are performed to test players doing, covering a wide range including flying and speeding, fighting hacks, fast block breaking and nukers, inventory hacks, chat spam and other types of malicious behaviour. For a more complete list have a look at the Features Page.
NoCheatPlus still puts emphasis on configurability and allows you to alter all actions that are carried out when a player fails a check, according to your needs. So you can just have players actions be silently cancelled, log their actions to in-game chat or files, or let arbitrary commands be executed, all possible to be differentiated by the level of violation. Many aspects can be configured on a per world basis as well, there are plenty of bypass permissions for individual checks and you can also alter other aspects such as allowed speeds for walking, sprinting, flying, and more!
Certainly NoCheatPlus is not a magical bullet, it uses a lot of heuristics and even guessing mixed with exact analysis as well as rather statistical judgement methods, so you will encounter false positives here and there and also not catch every single violation. One of the strengths of NoCheatPlus is the configurability, if your server happens to get many false positives you can apart from filing a support request also lessen the punishments by configuration or even deactivate the check if you want to allow players doing something.
Protective plugins also have to take part in the classical cat and mice play, expect hack clients to update now and then, forcing protection plugins to also update, if you find any flaws or uncovered hacks, you can help us improving the plugin by telling us!
Downloads and more
- Download officially approved versions on the Files page at BukkitDev.
- Development builds have been moved over to the Jenkins at EcoCityCraft.
- Do not download from any other source, do not use jars other people send you.
- Changes by build number can be examined in the Jenkins changes list.
- All commits can be seen in the GitHub commit history.
- Developers might have a look at the page describing the API of NoCheatPlus.
- Plugin statistics are reported to mcstats.org.
Consider first: Frequently asked Questions and Known Issues.
Quick questions can be asked on this page, for real issues or feature requests please create a new ticket or add to an existing ticket. To send information that is not to be seen by all, you can also reach us by PM to @asofold and @MyPictures.
Please state versions of NoCheatPlus, CraftBukkit, and if used cncp, otherwise we have to ask back.
Please do not contact the user 'NoCheatPlus', it is for administrative purposes only and will likely not be answered in time. Keep to BukkitDev and GitHub for support, do not trust users on other forums or websites, also not if their nick names are the same as NCP staff on BukkitDev.
The following plugins might be useful to have a look at.
You have plugins like mcMMO, Citizens, MagicSpells or MachinaCraft? NoCheatPlus would prevent skill use or NPCs actions on basis of what is allowed on vanilla Minecraft only, so to make it compatible with other plugins CompatNoCheatPlus provides a platform to do so. Not all possible plugins are covered (yet), but you can leave a note or ticket request there stating the plugin in question and what actions fail and which checks alert, maybe something can be done about it soon!
Orebfuscator fights all sorts of X-ray-hacks by altering the map information that is sent to the players, such that they have to mine blocks to actually reveal what is behind. Orebfuscator also can hide chests out of visible range. It is not exactly light weight but can be configured to use less resources, it is certainly a "must look at".
Release for CraftBukkit 1.5.2, 1.5.1, 1.5.0, 1.4.7, (1.4.6, 1.4.5, 1.4.2).
- 1.5.2 Support.
- Add checks against ender-pearl abuse (no permission for this, yet).
- Add autosign check.
- Fix crop trampling being disabled by anti-criticals (add low-jump detection).
- Fix issues with standing on stairs.
- Load chunks where players join.
- Attempt to fix issues with taking fall damage for falling while not having received chunks (part-fix).
- Fix block breaking times for being in lava and similar.
- Permissions setup updated (plugin.yml).
- Internals rework for client mod motd-messages.
- Fixes for moving checks and player-join (npe).
- Hover: force load chunks before re-checking on-ground.
- Login-denial is configurable for illegal-move checking.
- Less strict default settings for chat.logins.
- Fix breaking time for "locked chest".
- Consistency fixes and extensions (fixes some chat checks data not resetting with the remove command).
- Add flag xz100 to steps by default.
For a more detailed change history see the build-info page for :
An overview might get added, otherwise have a look at the changes lists at either the build-info-page, Jenkins or GitHub.
The documentation on the BukkitDev pages will need a bit of updating.
Consider having a look at the pages describing the configuration, including the dev pinboard. In case of trouble, make a support ticket or ask/complain on the main page.
Users of mcMMO, Citizens, MachinaCraft should consider using CompatNoCheatPlus as well to make most features compatible.
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.8-b301||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.3||25,362||01/08/2013|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.7-beta-b294||Beta||CB 1.4.6-R0.1||27,420||12/22/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.6-beta-b285||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||8,189||12/19/2012|
|NoCheatPlus Bridge-MC_1_4-y2-DEV||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||11,362||12/13/2012|
|NoCheatPlus Bridge-CB2511_CB2512-x1||Beta||CB 1.4.5-R1.0||10,313||12/07/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.4-RC-b271||Release||CB 1.4.5-R0.2||58,491||12/04/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.1-RC-b244||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.2||30,445||11/15/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.8.0-RC-b207||Release||CB 1.4.2-R0.1||24,205||10/31/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.7.9-RC-b191||Release||CB 1.3.2-R2.0||6,387||10/27/2012|
|NoCheatPlus 3.7.8-RC-b182||Release||CB 1.3.2-R2.0||6,154||10/25/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.6.1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||77,843||05/14/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.6_1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||5,464||05/08/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.6 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||271||05/08/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.9 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.2||7,846||04/26/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.8 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||4,213||04/20/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.7_1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,591||04/18/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.7 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||932||04/17/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.6 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||915||04/16/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5_5 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||768||04/15/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5_4 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||803||04/14/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5_3 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,361||04/12/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5_2 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||784||04/11/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5_1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||1,136||04/10/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.5 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||949||04/09/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.4_1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||496||04/09/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.4 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||362||04/08/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.3 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||846||04/07/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.2 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||836||04/06/2012|
|NoCheatPlus v3.5.1 [1.1 - 1.2.5]||Release||CB 1.2.5-R1.0||663||04/05/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 193,002 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 153,994 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 85,315 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 75,172 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 62,844 Monthly Downloads