Salesmania is an auction plugin developed for InvisionCraft as an alternative to other similar plugins that were either too buggy, or simply didn't fit our needs. Eventually i'd like this plugin to handle other forms of buying/selling/trading but for now the main focus has been the auction feature.
- Item blacklist (items that can't be auctioned)
- Persistent enable/disable of auction
- Cooldown (time between auctions)
- Custom locale support (each player can select his/her own locale)
- Completely customizable output
- Item stash holds players items if inventory is full or offline (use /collect)
- Allow/Disallow use in creative mode
- Custom time remaining notifications
- Minimum/maximum bid increment
- Minimum/maximum starting bid
- Server taxes
- Players able to ignore auction broadcasts
- Uses vault for easily-readable item names
- Uses vault for economy support
- Mob spawners show mob type
- Simpler start command compared to other similar plugins
- Auction queues
- Able to view the currently queued auctions
- Greatly reduced risk of losing items or currency on server crashes/restarts
- Channel support (TownyChat and Herochat)
- For servers without channels, broadcasts are sent only to worlds in the appropriate world group.
- World groups (see below)
- World guard region support (see below)
- Support for renamed items, written books, and enchanted books.
- Probably more stuff i forgot to list
World groups are a new feature in v1.3. Each group has an independent auction queue. Players in one group can not bid on auctions from another group. Separate broadcast channels can also be specified for each group. This can also be used to prevent items from moving between worlds, the item stash is now world group specific. If a player is not in the same world group at the end of an auction it will be added to the item stash and only able to be retrieved from the correct group.
Worldguard Region Support
Worldguard region support will be included in v1.39.1(beta) and later versions. This feature adds an extreme amount of flexibility. You'll be able to set the commands that are allowed in each region and also whether or not players will be able to receive items within that region. If you set the toStash configuration setting, all auction items will automatically be sent to the players item stash. You could then set deny: [collect] to disallow players from collecting items from their stash in that region. You can restrict your players ability to collect items, bid, start auctions, or anything you want.
- API support for web auctions.
You can expect many, many more features. I'm looking forward to hearing everyones comments or suggestions on how I can improve the plugin or features you're looking forward to :)
This plugin depends on vault for economy compatibility and easily readable item names. It should work with every economy plugin that is supported by Vault.
Salesmania fully supports custom locales. The latest english locale file can always be found here
If you create a locale in a different language I would be extremely appreciative if you submitted it to be included in later versions:
- Email it here
- Fork on github and submit a pull request
- Submit a ticket here or here containing the locale
/auction start <starting bid> [quantity] [time] - Auctions the item you are holding
/auction bid <bid> - Bids on the item that is being auctioned
/auction info - Displays information on the current auction
/auction ignore - Ignores all auction messages
/auction end - Ends the auction with the last bidder as the winner.
/auction cancel - Cancels the auction, item is returned to owner and the last bid is returned
/auction enable|disable - Enables or disables the auction
/salesmania reload - Reloads all configuration and locales
/salesmania locale set <locale> - Changes your current locale
/salesmania locale list - Lists all available locales
/collect - Collects items stored in the Item Stash
- salesmania.auction.start - Allows you to start an auction.
- salesmania.auction.bid - Allows you to bid on an auction.
- salesmania.auction.cancel - Allows you to cancel ANY auction.
- salesmania.auction.end - Allows you to end ANY auction.
- salesmania.auction.enable - Allows you to enable the auction.
- salesmania.auction.disable - Allows you to disable the auction.
- salesmania.admin.reload - Allows you to reload configuration
The full permissions list can be found here
With Salesmania, I've always kept in mind that the user interface should be as simple as possible, and it is. There's really only a few simple commands exposed to your players. Unfortunately, behind that simplicity is a complex plugin full of advanced features and more are being added all the time. Long story short, we need documentation. I'll be working on this as v1.4 rolls around and the code base becomes more and more stable. Meanwhile, everyone should always feel free to ask any questions in the comments, or via PM if it's something more in-depth.
For people that might be interested in helping document Salesmania, I've opened up the wiki here: https://github.com/B2OJustin/Salesmania/wiki
Keep in mind that Salesmania was never designed to be just a plugin. For developers, there's a great API that makes it easily extensible. If you're interested in hooking into Salesmania to extend it or add features in your own plugin but don't know where to start, I'm ALWAYS happy to help fellow developers.
For detailed information see https://github.com/B2OJustin/Salesmania/
- Added warning on invalid world names in config
- Fixes a locale related NPE after auction end for offline players
- Added softdepend for Multiverse-Core
- Fixes economy NPE
- Fixes NPE when starting an auction
- Fixes array out of bounds exception when quantity is not specified
- Fixes NPE during world group initialization
- Funds now deposited/withdrawn from correct world account
- Event API changes
- Fixed bug when attempting to use /auction ignore from console
- Added minTime and maxTime to configuration
- Auction time can now be set /auction start <startbid> <quantity> [time]
- Fixes a bug where reloading the config can cause unusual world group behavior.
- Channel support for Herochat
- World groups
- Channel support for TownyChat
- Auction queues
- Updated to work with craftbukkit v1.5
- Duplication exploit fixed.
- Added portuguese locale
- Fixed not being able to auction items not in Vault
- Added the item stash
- Fixed french locale encoding
- Locale now saves as expected
- Added french locale
- Server tax
- Locale related optimizations
- No longer shows enchantment for spawners
- /bid can now be used instead of /auction bid
- Better logging
- Fixed error when auctioning with no item in hand
- /auction ignore now saves config as expected
- Added /auction ignore to syntax list
- Fixed permissions
- Added permission message for enabling/disabling auction
- Fixed typo in locale file
- Syntax fix for /salesmania locale command
- Creative check for bidding
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
|Salesmania v1.39.6 beta||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||99||04/21/2013|
|Salesmania v1.39.5 beta||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.2||41||04/15/2013|
|Salesmania v1.39.4 beta||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||43||04/10/2013|
|Salesmania v1.39.3 beta||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||28||04/07/2013|
|Salesmania v1.39.2 beta||Beta||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||15||04/06/2013|
|Salesmania v1.37||Release||CB 1.5.1-R0.1||365||04/04/2013|
|Salesmania v1.2.5 beta||Beta||1.5.1||43||03/25/2013|
|Salesmania v1.1a3||Beta||CB 1.2.5-R4.0||498||06/11/2012|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 191,804 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 150,652 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 86,134 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 62,756 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 60,623 Monthly Downloads