Spectate allows you to see what your players are doing from their point of view, simply by typing in /spectate [PlayerName]. You will see what they see as if you're looking through their eyes. To stop spectating, just type /spectate off.
- Watch users from their point of view by typing in /spectate [PlayerName].
- Three different spectate modes. The first (default) mode will let you spectate one person. The second (scroll) mode lets you scroll through players by left clicking and right clicking your mouse keys. The third (scan) mode automatically switches between players with an interval.
- Puts you into Spectate mode and lets you see what the target sees.
/spectate off | /spectate
- Typing '/spectate off' will take you out of spectate mode. Typing '/spectate' without anything after it while spectating will take you out of spectate mode, and typing it while not spectating and in the scroll mode will spectate the first person on the list.
/spectate mode [1/default|2/scroll]
- Toggles your spectate mode. The first mode is the default mode that lets you spectate one target, while the second spectate mode puts you into the scroll style spectating where you can right and left click to scroll through players.
/spectate scan [interval in seconds]
- Puts you in the scan mode. You will change the person you're spectating every few seconds, defined in the interval.
/spectate angle [firstperson/thirdperson]
- Toggles your current angle between firstperson and thirdperson. Default is firstperson.
/spectate inv [on/off]
- Toggles whether or not your inventory will be modified while spectating. Default is on.
- Shows the help page.
You can see how to use the commands associated with the permissions in the section above.
- "spectate.on" - allows users to use the '/spectate' command to spectate other players.
- "spectate.off" - allows you to stop spectating using '/spectate off'.
- "spectate.mode" - allows you to toggle your mode using '/spectate mode'.
- "spectate.angle" - allows you to change your angle between first person and third person using '/spectate angle'.
- "spectate.scan" - allows you to enter scan mode using '/spectate scan [interval]'.
- "spectate.inv" - allows you to toggle inventory changing on and off using '/spectate inv'.
- "spectate.help" - allows you to see the help page when typing '/spectate help'.
- "spectate.cantspectate" - makes the user with the permission not able to be spectated.
The "spectate.cantspectate" permission will be automatically disabled, so it won't work unless you set "cantspectate Permission Enabled?" to true in the config.
- Updated to 1.5.2.
- Added third person mode. To toggle between first person and third person mode, type '/spectate angle [firstperson/thirdperson]'. (Third person is a little spazzy, but it's the best I could do.)
- Added 7 new permissions: spectate.on, spectate.off, spectate.mode, spectate.angle, spectate.scan, spectate.inv, and spectate.help.
- Fixed spectating players being able to change their current item selected in the hotbar.
- Updated to 1.5.1.
- Made it so that spectating players can see the current slot in the hotbar that the player they're spectating has selected.
- Small performance improvements.
- Added help command. (/spectate help)
- API changes.
- (Hopefully) fixed console error message spam.
- Changed inventory to be on by default.
- Added an option in the config for disabling commands while spectating.
- Fixed not being able to enter the scroll mode.
- Fixed trying to spectate while nobody else is online giving you an error.
- Fixed scanning while nobody else is online putting you in scan mode but not doing anything.
- Fixed leaving while spectating generating an error.
- Changed the way commands work.
- Fixed spectating players not being able to shoot projectiles and not being hit by projectiles.
- Added a '/spectate inv' argument that toggles inventory on and off.
- Added a spectate scan mode that switches through players at an interval. Type '/spectate scan (interval in seconds)' to enter the scan mode.
- Made players not able to interact with doors, levers, buttons, etc... again. This was accidentally removed in the previous version.
- Added a new spectate mode which lets you scroll through players! Typing in /spectatemode (1/default|2/scroll) will change your spectate mode.
- Right clicking and left clicking while in the scroll mode will scroll through players.
- You can now see the contents inside of a chest, dispenser, or furnace when the player you're spectating opens one.
- Fixed players that are spectating being able to take items out of chests.
- Fixed mobs targeting players that are spectating.
- Possibly fixed interference with plugins that set different inventories per world. - This was untested, please tell me if it's still broken.
- Fixed players being able to enter minecarts while spectating.
- Fixed players being set on fire if they stop spectating while the person they were spectating was in fire or lava.
- Fixed being able to start spectating the person you're currently spectating.
- Fixed EntityRegainHealthEvent thinking every mob was a player.
- Made it so more than one person can spectate someone at a time.
- Made spectating a lot smoother, now you can see every little twitch they make.
- Removed the "Permissions enabled?" option in the config.
- Added a "canspectate Permission Enabled?" option in the config. Setting it to false will make it not check if someone has the "spectate.cantspectate" permission before spectating.
- Fixed being able to take damage while spectating.
- Fixed being able to inflict damage to players and mobs while spectating.
- Made it so people that are spectating can't interact with doors, levers, buttons, etc...
- Added a spectate.cantspectate permission that makes it so the person that has it can't be spectated.
- Added /spec and /specoff.
- Made it so that doing /spectate (player) while spectating someone will make you start spectating that player, instead of having to do /spectateoff first.
- Fixed still spectating a player after logging off.
- Fixed being invisible after using /spectateoff.
- Hopefully fixed hacked clients being able to see you.
- Using the new Vanish api.
- If you're spectating someone, you can now see their health and hunger
- You will now get your inventory and armor back if you were forced to stop spectating.
- If the server reloads while spectating, you will be sent back to your previous location.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Disconnecting while spectating will now return you back to your original location.
- If the person who you are spectating dies or disconnects from the server, you will return back to your original location.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't let you spectate if you weren't op, even if you had the permission node.
- Added Herobrine. ;)
- Added the ability to see their inventory and armor.
- Minor tweaks and bug fixes.
- Added config for turning permissions on and off.
- Stopped players from picking up items, dropping items, breaking blocks and placing blocks while spectating.
- Fixed not letting you out of spectate mode.
- First release
|File Name||Release Type||Game Version||Downloads||Date|
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 193,002 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 153,994 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, World Editing and Management, Fixes, General, and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 85,315 Monthly Downloads
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 75,172 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Developer Tools, Mechanics, and Economy
- 62,844 Monthly Downloads