As the plugin's name gives away, it introduces footsteps to the game. To make this possible, Radyth used a particle effect that was already part of the game to begin with, but not used for anything.
With Footsteps, players will leave a trail behind them. These trails consist of square shaped particles that are placed onto the ground. Thanks to their shape, they do not look out of place at all. Trails disappear automatically as well, so you will not have to worry about this plugin affecting the performance of your server.
Simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of Footsteps from here or here.
- Place the "Footsteps.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "Footsteps" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the config.yml file found in the folder mentioned above to configure the plugin.
- Reload your server to load your new configuration.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
By default, footsteps only appear when walking over snow, dirt or sand. Using the provided configuration file, other block types can be enabled as well.
Footsteps is a small addition that improves immersion. Just as in the real world, players will leave a trail of footprints behind them when walking over dirt, snow or sand.
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.