This plugin can tell a player exactly what item they are holding; listing the item's data value, name, enchantment and enchantment level. As a result, players no longer have to leave the game to look up item details on the Minecraft Wiki. All they need to do to find out more about an item is using a simple command.
Besides the items they are holding, players can also look up items they are looking at, which is pretty useful when mining ores and the like.
Simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of WhatIsIt from here or here.
- Place the "WhatIsIt.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "WhatIsIt" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the .yml files found in the folder mentioned above to configure the plugin.
- Reload your server to load your new configuration.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
With the included configuration file you can customise each chat message and toggle data values and display names on and off.
WhatIsIt is a useful little tool that is meant to be used with other plugins that require item details such as data values. Using the two commands, players can easily find out what exactly they are holding or looking at.
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.