iGates gives players the ability to build teleportation gates, without the requirement of certain block types limiting their creativity!
Creating your own iGate is pretty easy. The process involves using a set of commands and building the actual gate. Before you begin, go to the location that you want to use as your portal's destination and then execute the following command:
/igcreate <Name of your portal> <FillType>(e.g. /create Curse lava, creates an entry for a portal filled with flowing lava named "Curse")
This command will not create a portal instantly, all it does is creating an entry, adding it to the list of portals and saving the location where you are standing as its destination. The name you choose here will be used for the other commands that will follow. Furthermore, the "FillType" is the type of block that will be used as the portal's visual effect; such as water or lava.
When setting the destination of your iGate, it will use the coordinates of the block you are standing on. For the destination it is not required to build anything special; of course you could still create a platform or something else to make it stand out, but if you are not interested in any of that it is no problem either. In case you change your mind, the destination of your portal can be changed at any time using the command below.
/igset to <Name of your portal>(e.g. /igset to Curse sets the new destination for the portal named "Curse")
As stated before, a portal can be created in pretty much any shape, without the need of specific block types. Both vertical and horizontal gates are allowed, making the possibilities almost endless!
Building the gate can be done in more than one way. You can either create a frame for this purpose, or destroy a number blocks anywhere and turn the hole into a portal. When you are satisfied with your upcoming gate, take a Wooden Axe and select the area that you want to fill with the blocktype that you defined earlier. A selection can be made by left- and then right-clicking two opposite corners. On the image below a block was placed in each corner for convenience sake.
Once you are satisfied with your selection, use the following command to add it to your portal's entry.
- /igaddfrom <Name of your portal> (e.g. /igaddfrom Curse adds the current selection to the portal named "Curse")
By using the command above again you can add multiple portals to one destination; you do not have to worry about your current point of departure getting overwritten, as that will not happen.
After saving your selection your new portal is almost ready to go! All you have to do now is enabling it by executing the command listed below.
- /igset on <Name of your portal> (e.g. /igset on Curse toggles the portal named "Curse" on)
Additionally, the visual effect of your portal can be changed at all times as well.
- /igset filltype <Name of your portal> <FillType> (e.g. /igset filltype Curse end_portal changes the filltype of the portal named "Curse" into the End Portal effect)
iGates offers an excellent way of building a teleportation network. At first sight it may seem a little complicated due to the amount of commands, but once you get the hang of it it is really not that hard to use! After installing the plugin on your server, players can build their own teleportation gates, without the need to keep to a predefined set of blocktypes and shapes.
As you may already know, installing plugins on your server is fairly easy. If this is your first time, simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of iGates from here or here
- Download the required PluginsBaker plugin from here or here
- Alternatively, you can pick an older release in case your CraftBukkit server is not yet up to date
- Place both the "iGates.jar" and the "PluginsBaker.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory
- Start or reload your server
- Check the "plugins" folder to see if an "iGates" folder has been added successfully
- Open the "config.yml" file to configure the plugin
- Restart the server to load your new configuration
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
Thanks to MsPtibiscuit for creating this plugin!
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.