MobControl is a plugin meant for server owners; it lets them disable animals, monsters and NPCs. As opposed to the server properties file, this plugin allows you to disable each mob individually. This way you are able to only stop unwanted mobs from spawning, while keeping the rest.
Unlike other plugins featured before, this one cannot be configured from within the game. This can only be done outside of the game, using the included MobControlProperties.txt file. Of course this is not much of a problem if you never configure a plugin more than once. But if you change settings often, this will be quite a hassle; since the server will require a restart to load the new configuration.
Installing plugins on your server is fairly easy. If this is your first time, simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of MobControl from here or here.
- Place the "MantaMobControl.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "MantaMobControl" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the "MobControlProperties.txt" file found in the previously mentioned folder to configure the plugins.
- Restart the server to load your new configuration.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
As stated before, changing the plugin's settings can only be done outside of the game.
In the properties file shown above all mobs are divided into the following categories:
- Peaceful Mobs
- Passive Mobs
- Tameable Mobs
- Agressive Mobs
- Other Mobs
To disable a mob, all that has to be done is changing the Boolean value from 'true' to 'false', saving the properties file and reloading the server. Disabling a mob completely prevents it from appearing on your server; this includes regular spawning, monster spawners and spawn eggs.
MobControl is a very useful plugin for anyone bothered by certain mobs. It allows them to prevent only the unwanted mobs from spawning, leaving the other ones untouched. For example: if you are running a creative server and are annoyed by Creepers causing destruction everywhere, this is the plugin for you. Simply disable the Creeper and your worries will be over!
Many thanks to MishMash95 for creating this plugin!
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.