Sign Bank adds an easy to use banking system based on signs to the game.
This plugin makes is possible to open up banks using signs, at which players can deposit, withdraw and transfer money or XP. Players can even save up money by storing their money at a bank and earning interest.
Setting up one of these banks is pretty easy; all that has to be done is placing a sign with the text "Money Bank" or "XP Bank" on the first line. Upon right clicking, the bank will be opened and ready to use.
Using a bank is a breeze as well, thanks to the command-less approach. Unlike most sign-based plugins, each bank only requires one sign. By right clicking a sign, players can cycle through the following three options:
All they have to do next is typing the amount of money (or XP) in the chat window, in case they want to transfer an amount to another player's account they will need to specify the name followed by the amount. Walking away from the sign will close the bank and return the chat to normal.
In addition to banks, signs can also be used to create an ATM. These work exactly the same as the regular bank signs, although they can only be used to withdraw money from a bank account. The idea is that these signs are placed across the world, so that players can access their money anywhere they go.
Using the provided configuration file a number of features can be toggled and customized; such as the interest percentage and the maximum amount that can be stored on a bank account.
Installing the plugin on your server is fairly easy. If this is your first time, simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version from here or here.
- (Optional) Download the latest version of Vault from here or here.
- Place both the "SignBank.jar" and the "Vault.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "SignBank" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the "config.yml" file found in the previously mentioned folder to configure the plugin.
- Restart the server to load your new configuration.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
All in all Sign Bank is a very good addition to Minecraft. It allows players to store away their money and experience safely, withdraw it and transfer it to other players. Thanks to the lack of commands and the ability to change the sign's function by right-clicking the plugin is also easy to use for everyone.
Many thanks to silentnight18 for creating this plugin!
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.