This plugin makes archery more diverse and balanced than before by adding new types of arrows!
In the original game, using a bow is quite limited due to the lack of different types of bows and arrows. MoArrows aims to change this by introducing many new types of arrows, a new critical hit system, and armour penalties! The following types of arrows are available:
- Slow: slows down your target
- Lightning: upon getting hit, the target will get struck by lightning
- Razor: increased chance of critical hit
- Piercing: increased damage
- ...and more!
Players can easily cycle through the list of arrows by left clicking. And if they have the required permission, they can use the /moarrows [arrowtype] command to disable any unwanted types.
Furthermore, the plugin makes critical hits more noticeable. Once players performs them a notification will be shown in the chat window. In addition to regular critical hits, the new system also introduces the "massive hit"; which is similar to a critical hit but even more powerful! Of course the chance of inflicting such a hit is lower as well.
As stated earlier, MoArrows includes an armour penalty system; which means the amount of damage caused by a bow is affected by the type of armour. The idea behind this is that it is more difficult to use a bow when wearing heavy armour than wearing light armour, or no armour at all.
Although this plugin adds many new types of arrows, they are physically exactly the same as regular arrows. And all that has to be done to change their effect is pressing a button.
Using the configuration file, however, you can customise each arrow so that it requires a certain item. Upon shooting the arrow, the required item will then be taken from the player's inventory automatically.
For example, the following line will make the fire arrow use up one torch upon each use: fire-materials: 50x1
In addition to item requirements, many other aspects can be configured as well; such as damage, duration of special damage (fire, poison, etc.), cool-down, armour penalties, and much more.
Installing the plugin on your server is fairly easy. If this is your first time, simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of MoArrows from here or here.
- Place the "MoArrows.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "MoArrows" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the "config.yml" file found in the previously mentioned folder to configure the plugin.
- Restart the server to load your new configuration. Alternatively, you can reload the plugin from within the game using the /moarrows reload command.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
All in all, MoArrows is an excellent addition to any pvp or roleplaying oriented server! Not only does it make archery much more usable in pvp battles, but it also makes it possible to play as a ranger or any other class that involves archery.
Many thanks to MisterAverage for creating this plugin!
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.