ChatControl will give you more control over the chat on your server. It helps you get rid of many annoyances related to chat; such as spam, advertisements, duplicated messages and bots. In addition to messages, it can also block duplicated commands.
If things get out of hand, it is even possible to clear the whole chat or mute it. Upon muting and clearing the chat, a reason can be given that will be announced across the whole server. Once the chat is muted, all players will be unable to use the chat.
The plugin comes with many other features too. For instance, when a player joins the game, they have to move around until they are allowed to use the chat. This measure will probably help against some of the spambots.
Simply follow these steps and your players will be enjoying this plugin in no time!
- Download the latest version of ChatControl from here or here.
- Place the "ChatControl.jar" file in the "plugins" folder, located in your server's main directory.
- Start or reload your server.
- Check if the "ChatControl" folder has been added to the "plugins" folder successfully.
- Open the "config.yml" file found in the folder mentioned above to configure the plugin.
- Reload your server to load your new configuration.
- Enjoy your newly installed plugin!
This plugin comes with an extensive configuration file that allows you to toggle each feature individually, change messages, and much more.
ChatControl is a very useful plugin for larger servers. It allows you to make the chat a peaceful place again by blocking duplicated messages and other annoyances. Addionally, the comprehensive configuration file lets them customise the plugin completely to their liking.
Thanks to MadPixel for the Minecrafter font.