This Contest has Ended
First Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
First Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
First Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
Second Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
Second Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
Second Place - No Winners
- Not Selected Yet
- First Place - No Winners
DiabloFans is hosting the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish Contest. Check out the contest announcement on DiabloFans (http://www.diablofans.com/news/1206-) for all the details.
There are 3 ways to win:
1. Be the first to defeat Diablo on Inferno mode and post a link to your YouTube video showcasing your kill in the entrees thread (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41737-diablo-3-race-to-the-finish-contest-first-inferno-diablo-kill/)
2. Be the first to complete Blackthorne's Regalia item set (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-breeches) with a level 60 legendary weapon (any level 60 legendary weapon as long as it is not a quest item) and post a link to your YouTube video showing the item set and legendary weapon in the entrees thread (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41739-diablo-iii-race-to-the-finish-gear-challange/).
3. Submit a creative machinma video using Diablo 3. All entries are due by June 15th and will be judged by a Curse panel. See rules for details.
DIABLO 3 RACE TO THE FINISH CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Disclaimer. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor, all participating co-sponsors (if any), and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, members, shareholders, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer-related or communications-related malfunctions or failures or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Contest-related communications, or the processing, review, or tabulation of the entries in this Contest; (c) any Contest-related disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Contest Entities; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest, for reasons beyond Sponsor’s control. If, by reason of a printing or other error, within the official advertising for the Contest carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor, the entrants reasonably believe that more prizes are available to be won as part of the Contest than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims for such additional prizes will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
3. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on May 15, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and end on June 14, 2012, at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT (The “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor or, if applicable, its Contest Administrator’s clock shall be the sole method of time keeping for the Contest and Sponsor’s decision as to whether an entry has been received during the Contest Period shall be final.
4. How to Enter.
a. (i) Kill Diablo in Inferno mode and post a link to your YouTube video showing the kill in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish contest entrees thread on DiabloFans.com (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41737-diablo-3-race-to-the-finish-contest-first-inferno-diablo-kill/). All video links eligible for the contest must be posted by the close of the Contest Period.
(ii) Complete Blackthorn’s Regalia item set (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blackthornes-breeches) with a level 60 legendary weapon (any level 60 legendary weapon as long as it is not a quest item) and post a link to your YouTube video showing the item set and legendary weapon in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish contest entrees thread on DiabloFans.com (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41739-diablo-iii-race-to-the-finish-gear-challange/). All video links eligible for the contest must be posted by the close of the Contest Period.
(iii) Submit a creative machinima video using Diablo 3 in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish contest entrees thread on DiabloFans.com (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41741-diablo-iii-race-to-the-finish-creative-machinima-video/). All video links eligible for the contest must be posted by the close of the Contest Period.
All Submissions are subject to the following terms and conditions:
Each entrant shall retain its ownership interest and applicable intellectual property rights in and to its Submission. However, each entrant hereby grants Sponsor, and its agents, affiliates, successors and assigns a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, distribute, transmit, display, make derivative works of and utilize all Submissions in any manner and for any purposes including, but not limited to, Sponsor’s advertising and marketing endeavors. Each Submission is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Sponsor retains the right to subsequently edit or otherwise modify all Submissions in any manner and for any purpose, but is under no obligation to do so. Each entrant hereby represents, warrants and undertakes that it owns the Submission (and the content therein) submitted by it, or that it otherwise has the right to grant use thereof as set forth in this section, and that the use of said Submission in accordance with these Official Rules will not violate the privacy rights, intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright and trademark rights), contract rights, music performance and publishing rights, or any other rights of any person or entity. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Submission for any purpose, including, but not limited to, online Internet and wireless application protocol use, reproduction, disclosure, advertising and promotional activities, distribution, transmission, publication, and broadcast. Sponsor reserves the right to use any ideas, concepts, knowledge, or techniques contained in the Submission for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products and/or services using such information, and each entrant acknowledges and understands there shall be no consideration, royalties or other compensation from Sponsor, its agents, affiliates or assigns for use of said Submission or the content therein. Further, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant and his or her respective heirs, hereby indemnifies, discharges, releases, and holds Sponsor and the Contest Entities together with their respective parents, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns and their respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless from any action and/or liability, in any form or manner, arising from such entrant’s failure to comply with these Official Rules and/or any infringement of any third party’s rights, inclusive of attorneys’ fees and costs in connection to the Submission. If you do not agree to these terms, do not enter the Contest.
5. How to Win. Based on the judging criteria below, Sponsor shall determine the winners by no later than June 22, 2012 from all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Submission that Sponsor and/or the Contest Administrator(s) (as applicable) determines (acting in the sole discretion) best meets the judging criteria as defined below will be deemed the winner. Runner-up prizes shall also be determined by Sponsor using the judging criteria set forth below.
(i) Kill Diablo in Inferno mode. One (1) grand prize winner will be determined based on the first person to post a link to their YouTube video showing the Inferno mode Diablo kill in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish contest entrees thread on DiabloFans.com (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41737-diablo-3-race-to-the-finish-contest-first-inferno-diablo-kill/). Two (2) runner-up winners will be determined by the second and third posts in this same thread with a link to their YouTube videos showing the Inferno mode kill. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any player using blatant unfair tactics/exploits to defeat the boss.
(ii) Complete the Blackthorne’s Regalia item set. One (1) grand prize winner will be determined based on the first person to post a link to their YouTube video showing the Blackthorne’s Regalia item set and level 60 legendary weapon in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish Contest Entrees thread on DiabloFans.com (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41739-diablo-iii-race-to-the-finish-gear-challange/). Two (2) runner-up winners will be determined by the second and third posts in this same thread with a link to their YouTube videos showing the Blackthorne’s Regalia item set and level 60 legendary weapon. Sponsor will also verify in-game that you in fact have the full set.
(iii) Creative machinima video. Out of all the video submissions in the Diablo 3 Race to the Finish contest entree thread (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41741-diablo-iii-race-to-the-finish-creative-machinima-video/) one (1) grand prize winner and two (2) runner-up winners will be chosen by a panel of Curse, Inc. judges on or about June 15, 2012. Any post processing tools, such as Vegas, Adobe Premier, etc., are allowed. However, any programs that alter the behavior of the game itself are forbidden.
a. Grand Prizes. A total of three (3) Grand Prizes consisting of one (1) Alienware X51 will be awarded. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $700.
b. Runner-up Prizes. A total of six (6) runner-up prizes consisting of one (1) Curse t-shirt from J!NX will be awarded. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each runner-up prize is $20.
The total ARV of all prizes awarded in the Contest is: $2,220.
Prize winners will be notified by email or any other appropriate method (at Sponsor’s discretion) using the contact details for the prize winner set out in such winner’s registered account for the Site at such date within forty-eight (48) hours after determination by Sponsor. To claim a prize, winners must follow the instructions contained in their notification, and if applicable, sign the enclosed Winner’s Affidavit and return it to the address below or as otherwise communicated by Sponsor or its designee. Sponsor, at its sole discretion may require copies of the winner’s government-issued photo identification. If a winner does not claim their prize and, if requested by Sponsor, submit a signed Winner’s Affidavit and/or copy of their identification by July 7, 2012, that winner may be deemed to have forfeited the Contest and its prize, and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, select an alternate winner. Further, in the event that Sponsor (or its designee) is unable to successfully contact or communicate with a winner, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Awarding of a prize does not constitute the respective prize-providing entities’ affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement of, the Contest.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded provided there are sufficient qualified entries. Prizes returned as undeliverable, or for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control may be forfeited and/or awarded to an alternate winner. The prize is not replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize in its sole discretion. There is a limit of one (1) prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and Sponsor makes no representations or warranties regarding the quality of any prize and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any complaints in relation to any prize must be directed to the relevant third party prize manufacturer or provider of such prize. Sponsor may provide a federal 1099 financial reporting form to U.S. residents and a W8-BeN reporting form for Canadian residents, as applicable. If so provided, the respective form must be executed and returned to Sponsor per the instructions provided by the Sponsor.
7. Judging. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion based upon the following criteria: (i) originality; (ii) creativity; and (iii) aesthetic appeal, with equal weight being given to each criterion. All decisions by Sponsor are final. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not enter the Contest.
8. Tie-Breaking. In the event of a tie between two or more Entrants, each entrant may be required to provide an additional Submission which shall be judged per the judging criteria as set forth above.
10. Representations and Warranties. You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own, or otherwise control all rights to the Submission and all entry materials submitted by you; (b) all such Submissions are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied or derived, in whole or in part, from any other work; and (c) all such Submissions do not violate, misappropriate or infringe upon any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
11. General Release. Subject to the remaining provisions of this section 11, by entering the Contest, you release and hold the Released Parties harmless from any liability whatsoever in the event of personal injury, property damage, or death, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest, use of the Site, or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional, whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law. Each entrant hereby waives application of California Civil Code Section 1542 which provides as follows:
A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
Entrant expressly waives the processions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code as well as any other statutes, rules, laws, ordinances, or common law principles or other authority of similar effect of any jurisdiction, and further waives any right to invoke said provisions now or in the future with regard to the Contest. Entrants and the winner further acknowledge and agree that this waiver is an essential and material term of these Official Rules and the Contest.
12. Winners List; Official Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list or the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor’s address below, attention Diablo 3 Race to the Finish Contest by no later than September 15, 2012. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage for Official Rules requests.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that the laws of the United States of America and the laws of the State of California, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws, will govern the Contest and these Official Rules. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, and venue in, the state and federal courts seated in San Francisco County, California and the related appellate courts, in any relation action or proceeding. As a condition of participating in the Contest, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest) and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the limited right to suspend, modify, or otherwise change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest in the event that viruses, bugs, network interruptions or failures, unauthorized human or electronic intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper function of the Contest or the Site, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Entrants (and any individuals acting on their behalf) who violate these Official Rules, tamper or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Contest, the Site, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification at any time during the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, or otherwise disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise deemed to be ineligible to enter and/or further participate in the Contest. This may include removal of the entrant’s Submission(s). In connection to, and in event of all of the foregoing, an entrant may become ineligible to win a prize.
15. Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if an individual or an entity has a good faith belief that a Submission infringes upon any third party copyright, please notify us by mail at Sponsor’s address set out in section 16 below, attention Copyright Department or by email at [email protected] with the subject line stating “Copyright.” The DMCA MUST include the following: (i) describe the alleged infringement in detail; (ii) the copyright owner or who retains authorized use; (iii) the URL(s) where the alleged infringement can be located; (iv) a statement indicating your authorization to file a DMCA complaint; (v) how you may be contacted; and (vi) any DMCA notice must also contain the following statement:
“I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material described above is not authorized by the copyright owner or its agent, nor is such use otherwise permissible under law. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information presented herein is accurate, that I am authorized to represent the copyright holder, and I have a good faith belief that the use is infringing.”
16. Contest Sponsor. Curse Inc., 60 Broadway, San Francisco, California 94111.