Realistic lighting with vanilla textures, a perfect alternative to shaders if your machine just can't handle them!
To make this pack work properly you need to patch your game with MCPatcher or mod it with Optifine. If you don't, no changes will be visible. Once downloaded, put it in your resource pack folder, start Minecraft, go to the resource pack menu, move them on top of your other resource packs and finally confirm to apply the changes.
NOTE: because of how Minecraft's lighting system works you need to keep your Brightness level as low as possible or the shading will basically be unnoticeable.
It includes 2 alternative packs (open the zip and read the READ ME.txt file):
PR LUMINANCE - FULL:
This version is included in the Pixel Reality resource pack and is intended to heavily influence the gameplay, making the game more difficult.
Realistic shading and colors but with weaker light sources and darker shadows, being pitch black at light level 0 regardless of your Brightness settings. Night vision is hampered by strong light and heat sources (including the sun) making your vision actually worse at day and in the Nether. The End is very dark and even light sources are very dim; Night Vision is a life saver here.
PR LUMINANCE - LIGHT:
Realistic shading but with basically vanilla colors and light levels. Use this if you don't like reddish torch light and other big changes to visuals.
- Frame Protector
- Fixes and Anti-Griefing Tools
- 277,655 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Chat Related, Teleportation, Economy, and General
- 179,656 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 160,986 Monthly Downloads
- Role Playing, General, and Fun
- 140,103 Monthly Downloads
- 107,212 Monthly Downloads