Realistic lighting with vanilla textures or any other pack, a perfect alternative to shaders if your machine just can't handle them!
- If you like this pack don't ask me if you can use it, but suggest people to use it together with your own pack, that's the whole point of format changes Mojang introduced months ago.
- If you want to let people know of this pack do it by posting a link to this page so I get credit and downloads.
To make this pack work properly you need to patch your game with MCPatcher or mod it with Optifine. If you don't, no changes will be visible. Once downloaded, put it in your resource pack folder, start Minecraft, go to the resource pack menu, move them on top of your other resource packs and finally confirm to apply the changes.
NOTE: because of how Minecraft's lighting system works you need to keep your Brightness level as low as possible or the shading will basically be unnoticeable.
It includes 2 alternative packs (open the .zip and read the READ ME.txt file):
PR LUMINANCE - FULL:
This version is included in the Pixel Reality resource pack and is intended to heavily influence the gameplay, making the game more difficult.
Realistic shading and colors but with weaker light sources and darker shadows, being pitch black at light level 0 regardless of your Brightness settings. Night vision is hampered by strong light and heat sources (including the sun) making your vision actually worse at day and in the Nether. The End is very dark and even light sources are very dim; Night Vision is a life saver here.
PR LUMINANCE - LIGHT:
Realistic shading but with basically vanilla colors and light levels. Use this if you don't like reddish torch light and other big changes to visuals.
Also check Pixel Reality Atmosphere: it adds a realistic sky to vanilla or any pack, it's a good companion to PR Luminance if you want to give a realistic feel to your favorite pack.
- Fixes, General, Informational, World Editing and Management, and Admin Tools
- 723,123 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 324,743 Monthly Downloads
- Map and Information
- 297,661 Monthly Downloads
- CoFH Core
- Server Utility and API and Library
- 267,322 Monthly Downloads
- Server Utility, API and Library, and Map and Information
- 273,355 Monthly Downloads