UPDATE 1.50: 1.8 Ready!
YouTube Spotlight by AdamzoneTopMarks: (Thanks!)
Here's some additional information:
I created these textures over the past month, completely on my own (besides the default resources).
I used GIMP and a mixture of color-picking, scaling using both linear and no method, overlaying two different scaling methods to smooth out the texture while keeping some contrast, and hand-drawing textures. I even ventured into subtracting vanilla textures from each other to find the transformation needed for my own. For instance, I had my own cobblestone and needed to turn it into endstone. I grabbed the vanilla textures, subtracted one from the other, the applied the result (cropped to 7x7) over my own cobblestone to get the endstone.
If you don't mind the 7x7 but it still messes with your head a little bit, I highly recommend you use it for just one playing session. I promise you'll get used to it. For me, switching from 7 to 16 is like going from 16 to 32. If you can stand going back from 32 to 16, you can definitely go from 16x16 to 7x7.
There is one texture I did not do that some people may notice.
Cocoa beans. God damn these things are complicated. They consist of a cuboid which changes size three times, and a stalk which intersects with the cuboid in my tests, giving me huge problems.
Added wet sponge
- World Editing and Management and Admin Tools
- 189,778 Monthly Downloads
- Soartex Fanver
- Mod Support, Animated, Traditional, Modern, and 64x
- 183,940 Monthly Downloads
- Developer Tools and Admin Tools
- 162,468 Monthly Downloads
- Admin Tools, Anti-Griefing Tools, Informational, Teleportation, and World Editing and Management
- 158,137 Monthly Downloads
- Tinkers Construct
- Mobs, Processing, Technology, and Armor, Tools, and Weapons
- 138,357 Monthly Downloads