Software Development Manager
Curse is seeking an experienced Development Team Manager to lead and grow our Engineering team. You'll be responsible for supporting business growth, user engagement, and security through effective development team management and engineering practices. Your prime directive will be to ensure that Curse technology, frameworks, and developers achieve max level. This is a great chance to help define the future of engineering at Curse. You'll have the opportunity to drive the success of products used by gamers around the globe! We've recently leveled up by becoming part of Twitch, the world's leading social video platform and community for gamers. We are all really excited to see how we can bring Curse services into the Twitch network, and provide an unparalleled experience to both Curse and Twitch users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead development team to meet key business goals on time with high quality.
- Keep team focused on engineering best practices and sound software design approaches.
- Clarify design and technical requirements.
- Drive effective business and technical discussions.
- Clearly communicate goals and project status to the team as well as the rest of the business.
- Accelerate growth and development of team members.
- Participate in hiring process for multiple teams.
- 3+ years of experience managing development team(s)
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Outstanding object-oriented design skills
- Familiarity with relational database design and development
- Knowledgeable about software design patterns and practices
- C# / .NET
- ASP.NET MVC and LINQ
- SQL / database experience
- React or experience with another JS SPA framework
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Curse. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.