PHP Web Developer
Are you interested in working on one of the largest platforms for gaming communities on the planet? Gamepedia is home to nearly 2000 communities including Official wikis for Minecraft, ARK, Terraria, and Path of Exile, along with top esports wikis and projects covering other titles like PUBG, Dota 2, World of Warcraft, and many more. In this role you will be building, maintaining, and supporting our Hydra Wiki Platform which runs on PHP, MediaWiki, MySQL, Redis, Golang, and AWS. The ideal candidate for this position is a passionate team player who is interested in supporting and empowering our communities while working in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
- Work in a team-based development environment with shared code base, peer reviews and pull requests, with disciplined use of source code control and process documentation
- Update and maintain software configurations for application deployment and infrastructure changes
- Advocate for automation and monitoring at all steps of software construction, from integration, testing, releasing to deployment and infrastructure management
- Assist with code deployment and setup/maintenance of cloud infrastructure
- Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support web-based applications and services with an emphasis on quality and performance
- Participate in agile development process including kickoffs and daily standups
- Modify existing software to: correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environments, or improve performance
- Adhere to and expand upon project coding standards and process
- Update and expand wiki-based project documentation
- Continually integrate MediaWiki framework updates and third party MediaWiki extensions updates.
- 3+ years of web programming experience
- Strong PHP7 coding skills with an emphasis on Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with MediaWiki
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL(Redis) Database solutions
- Experience with caching solutions
- Experience with version control
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-manage
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- AWS Services and Tooling
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Curse. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-SM1